Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2 2011: Ceci Dover

Ceci Dover
Great voice
"from funk to r&b to jazz and pop"

I believe this is the fifth time I've caught a Ceci Dover show.

Live Music with Ceci Dover at Sunset Jazz Club on February 2 2011
Sunset Jazz Club - February 2 2011 - 11:00 am SLT (2:00pm EST) - 29 people in sim

From: Argentina

Songs: I arrived half way through the show. The first song I heard was just ending when I walked in, and the second one was not in English. She is quite good in nonEnglish (heh, I want to say "in Spanish" or something like that, but I do not know if that is what she was singing in). Then "Stand by Me" in English. As tends to happen, she sounds different in different languages. I think I like when she sings in, I assume, Spanish. Not that I understand Spanish. Though . . it might depend on the song, which I prefer - her singing in Spanish or English. I accidently started to listen to her RL videos while she was performing in world. I'm a curious kitty. I like her English language video more than her Spanish language video. And maybe reverse inside SL.



Schedule: http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=singerceci%40gmail.com&ctz=Atlantic/Canary

Website:
Ceci's websites
http://www.myspace.com/cecildbrown
http://www.singsnap.com/snap/profile/recordings/af1e80a
http://www.youtube.com/user/MELODIESVIDEOCHANNEL#p/f/1/x7HL7U2ZAfA
Ceci's RL videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzKJUtmDBOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5k4M-vvm4s&feature=related

Song List:
REPERTORIO – SONG LIST- CECI DOVER

50 ways to leave your lover- tok tok tok
A house is not a home- Luther Vandross
A moment like this- Kelly Clarkson
a mother's pray-celine dion
A new day has come-celine dion
a voice whithin-christina aguilera
a woman worth- alicia keys
adagio- lara fabian
against all odds-Mariah Carey
Ain’t no way- Aretha franklin
ain't no sunshine-Eva Cassidy
all at once-Whitney Houston
All by myself celine dion
all i want for chritsmass is you Mariah Carey
all of me- Ella Fitzgeral
all the way-Frank Sinatra
all night long - Lionel richie
always on my mind- Elvis
always and forever -Luther Vandross
Alone-Heart
alone again tok tok tok
And I love her- The beatles
Angel- Sarah McLachlan
Angels- Jessica simpson
Angie - Rolling stones * NEW SONG
Anytime you need a friend- Mariah Carey
Anything for you- Gloria Stefan * NEW SONG
Amazed - lonestar *NEW SONG
At last- Etta james
autumn leaves-Eva Cassidy
ave maria-celine dion
baby i love you-aretha franklin
Baby I love your way- Big mountain
Baby one more time- Britney Spears * NEW SONG
Beautiful-Christina Aguilera
Because of you-Kelly Clarkson
Because of you - Tony bennet
besame mucho-Diana Krall
billie jean-Michael Jackson
Bitch - Meredith Brooks
blackbird-the beatles
Bledding love-Leona Lewis
Bycicle- Queen *NEW SONG
By my side- INXS * NEW SONG
Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen-*NEW SONG
body and soul-Anita baker
California Dreaming- Mamas & the papas *NEW SONG
Come together - Ther beatles
Come as you are - Nirvana * NEW SONG
Come away with me - Norah jones * new song
Come fly with me - Michael Bubble * NEW SONG
Can't help falling in love with you- Elvis
Can you feel the love tonight- Elton John
carelees whisper- George Michael
Caruso
Carrie-Europe
Change the world: Eric Clapton
cheek to cheek-frank sinatra
concrete angel-Martina McBride
Come what may - Moulin Rouge
Cowboy take me away- Dixie Chicks
Close to you (carpenters)
Cosmic Girl- JamiroQuai * NEW SONG
crazy little thing called love- Michael bubble
cry me a river-Diana Krall
Could you be loved- Bob Marley *NEW SONG
desperado - eagles
Do right woman- do right man -Aretha franklin * NEW SONG
Dont know why- Norah jones
don't speak- No doubt
Easy- The commodores
embraceable - Billie Holliday
emotions- Mariah Carey
end of the road- boyz II men
ethernal flame -the bangles
Eu sei que eu voi te amar - Maria Creuza
Everybody hurts-R.E.M
every breath you take- the police
everything i do I do it for you- brian adams
Everytime i close my eyes- Baby face
everytime you go away- Paul Young * NEW SONG
eye of the tiger- Survivor
Express yourself - Madonna * NEW SONG
Fantasy- Earth wind & fire * NEW SONG
falling- Alicia Keys
falsas esperanzas -Christina aguilera
fame-. irene cara
feeling good- michael bubble
feelings -morris
Fever- peggy Lee
Fields of gold- Eva Cassidy * NEW SONG
first time ever i saw your face- Celine dion
Fly me to the moon - Frank Sinatra
For once in my life - Stevie wonder
For the first time- Kenny Loggins
from this moment- Shania Twain
Get down tonight- Kc and the sunshine band * NEW SONG
Georgia on my mind - Michael buble
Gimme gimme gimme - abba * NEW SONG
Girls just wanna have fun- Cyndi Lauper* NEW SONG
Give me one reason - Tracy Champman
God bless the child - Billie Holliday *NEW SONG
Going in circles- Luther Vandross * NEW SONG
Gostoso veneno- Alcione
Good morning heartache - Billie Holliday * NEW SONG
Hand in my pocket - Alanis Morrissette
hallelujah- Alexandra
Happy-Leona Lewis
Hard to say I'm sorry- chicago
have i told you lately that I love you- Rod Stewart
Have you ever been in love- celine dion
Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - Lennon & Ono *NEW SONG
Hello again - Neil Diamond
How i'm i supposed to live without you-Michael Bolton
How deep is your love - the bee gees
Heaven- Briam Adams
hello- Lionnel Richie
Here comes the sun- the beatles
Here and now- Luther Vandross * NEW SONG
here out my own- Irene Cara
Hero- Mariah Carey
highway to hell -AC DC
Hit the road Jack - Ray charles * NEW SONG
hold the line- Toto
Hotel California - eagles *NEW SONG
how will i know- Whistney Houston
hurt-Christna Aguilera
Inseparable-Natalie Cole
i believe in you and me-Whitney Houston
I belive i can fly- R. Kelly
I can't get no satisfaction - Rolling stones * NEW SONG
i don't want to miss a thing- Aerosmith
I drove all night-Celine dion
i feel good- James Brown
i have nothing-Whitney Houston
i learned from the best-Whitney Houston
I look to you-Whitney Houston
i love you for sentimental reasons- Ella Fitzgerald
I mis you like crazy- Natalie cole
If i were a boy - Beyoncé *NEW SONG
isn't she lovely- Stevie wonder
it's a hard night- The beatles* NEW SONG
It's all coming back to me now- Celine Dion * NEW SONG
i only have eyes for you-Ella Fitzgerald
i say a little prayer-Aretha Franklin
i still believe-Mariah Carey
I surrender- Celine Dion
I touch myself - Devinlys * NEW SONG
I wanna dance with Somebody- Whitney houston
i want to break free-Queen
I wanna be loved -Eric Benet
I wanna make love to you- Etta James
i want to know what love is-Mariah Carey
i want you to need me-Celine Dion
I will always love you-Whitney Houston
I will love again-Lara Fabian
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
I'd rather go blind-Aretha Franklin
In my life - the beatles * NEW SONG
In the aire tonight- Phill collins * NEW SONG
I’m alive-Celine Dion
I’m every woman- Whitey Houston
if i could-Regina bell
If I ain't got you- Alicia Keys
If I were a boy - Beyoncé
if you don't know me by now- rem
i'll be there- Jackson 5
i'll make love to you- Boyz 2 men
I'll stand by you- Carrie
Imagine - John lennon *NEW SONG
immortality-Celine Dion
inevitable-Shakira
is this love-Whitesnake
Is this love- Bob Marley *NEW SONG
It hurts like hell-Aretha Franklin
it must have been love-Roxette
It's a kind of magic- queen *NEW SONG
i've got the rythm-Ella Fitzgerald
J’taime-Lara Fabian
just the way you are- Barry white
just a gigolo-David Lee Roth
kiss from a rose - seal
killing me softly-Roberta Flack
kissing a fool- George Michael
Landslide-Dixie Chicks
Lady- Kenny Rogers
Lady in Red-Chris De Burgh
Last dance -Donna summer
Last Christmas - Wham - *NEW SONG
let it be-the beatles
Let's get loud -Jennifer lopez
Let it's snow. let it snow, let it snow - Frank Sinatra
Let's fall in love - Diana Krall
Like a star- Corinne Bailey Rae
Like a prayer - Madonna * NEW SONG
listen Beyonce
listen to your heart-roxette
living on a prayer-Bon Jovi
Loca - Shakira * NEW SONG
looking for paradise-Alicia Keys
Lost - Michael Bubble
L-O-V-E-Natalie Cole
love is in the air -John Paul Young
love me tender-Elvis
Love song for a vampire-Annie lenox
loving you-Minnie Ripperton
looking in-Mariah Carey
Man i feel like a woman- Shiania Twain -* NEW SONG
Make you feel my love - Adele *NEW SONG
maybe this time-Liza Minelli
Me and mrs Jones -Michael Bubble
mercy-Duffy
mercy mercy me -
mi reflejo-Christina Aguilera
Million dollar Bill- Whitney Houston
Misery-Pink
Misty-Ella Fitzgerald
moon river- Andy Williams
more than words- Extreme
moscas en la casa-Shakira
Music Box-Mariah Carey
My all-Maria Carey
My cherie amour- Stevie wonder
my funny valentine-Diana Krall
My Heart Hill go on-Celine Dion
My girl - the temptations
my immortal-Evannecence
my love is your love-Whitney Houston
my way-Frank Sinatra
Natural woman-Aretha Franklin
Natural woman-Eva Cassisy
Need you now - Lady Antebellum * NEW SONG
nella fantasia-Il Divo
nesum dorma-Il Divo
new york new york-Frank Sinatra
No one-Alicia Keys
No ordinary love - Sade * NEW SONG
nothing compares to you-Sinead O'Connor
nothing else matter-Metallica
now and forever-Richard Marx
November Rain- Guns & Roses * NEW SONG
objection-Shakira
off key-Ella Fitzgerald
Oh darling - The beatles
Oh happy day -Lauryn Hill *NEW SONG
Oh holy night- Celine Dion- *NEW SONG
ojos asi-Shakira
on bended knee - Boyz II Men
Only you - The Platters NEW SONG*
one-U2
one last cry - Brian McKnight * NEW SONG
One moment in time- Whitney Houston
one sweet day- Mariah Carey
only you - The platters
Orange colour sky- Natalie Cole
Open arms-Mariah Carey
out my own-Irene Cara
over the rainbow-Eva Cassidy
patince-Guns&Roses * NEW SONG
perhaps perhaps perhaps -Doris Grey
Please forgive me-Briam Adams
Proud Mary-Tina Turner
Purple rain -Prince
put your head on my shoulder-Michael Bubble
Quando quando quando- michael bubble * NEW SONG
rehab-Amy Winehouse
Respect - Aretha franklin * NEW SONG
ribbon in the sky-Stevie Wonder
River deep mountain high- Tina turner
Rock me baby - B.B King * NEW SONG
Run to you-Whitney Houston
saving all my love for you-Whitney houston
say a little pray for you-Aretha Franklin
sea of love- Marti Wilde
Seduces me-Celine Dion
Sexual healing - Marvin Gaye * NEW SONG
she is like the wind-Patrick Swayze
she wolf-Shakira
shook me all night long-AC DC
show must go on-Queen
Silly-Deniece Williams
Stop- Sam brown
smile-Nat King Cole
Spanish guitar- Toni Braxton
Strange fruit - Billie Holliday * NEW SONG
somewhere over the rainbow Eva Casiddy
Sorry seems to be the hardest word Elton John
stand by me- Ben E. King
Smooth operator - Sade -sf
Step by step- Whitney Houston
Silent night - cristina aguilera -*NEW SONG
stop-Sam Brown
stop in the name of love- The supremes
strangers in the night-Frank Sinatra
suddenly - Billy Ocean
suerte-Shakira
summertime-George Gerswing
Sunny -Bobby Hebb
Superstar - the carpenters
sway- Michael Bubble
sweet child o'mine- Guns and roses * NEW SONG
Sweet dreams - Eurythmics * NEW SONG
take a bow-Rihana
Taking chances-Celine Dion
tears in heaven-Eric Clapton
Tell him- Barbra streisand
Total eclipse of the heart-Bonnie Tyler
That's life- Michael Bubble * NEW SONG
that's the way it is-Celine Dion
the best-Tina Turner
the boy does nothing-Alexa Dixon
The cup of life - Ricky Martin * NEW SONG
the final countdown- Europe
the girl from ipanema-Ellis Regina
The great pretender- the platters
The impossible dream - Andy Williams
the long and winding road-The beatles
the long day is over -Norah Jones
the look of love-tok tok tok
the man i love-Ella Fitzgerald
the shadow of your smile-Tony Bennet
The show must go on- Queen
the voice within-Christina Aguilera
the way- Jill Scott
the way we were-Barbra Streisand
The way you look tonight - Michael bubble
the way you make me feel-Michael Jackson
They cant take that away from me- Mariah Carey
These are the days of our lifes- Queen *NEW SONG
this used to be my playgroud- madonna
think-Aretha Franklin
this can't be love-Diana Krall
thousand miles- Vanesa Carlton
through the rain-Mariah Carey
time after time-Eva Cassidy
try- Janis Joplin
Try a little tenderness - Michael Bubble * NEW SONG
True colours - Eva cassidy
truly - Lionel richie
tu- Shakira
Turn me on-Norah Jones
unbrake my heart- Toni Braxton
unchanged melody- The righteous brothers
Under the bridge - Red hott chili peppers * NEW SONG
Under pressure - Queen
Undeneath your clothes- Shakira
Unforgetable-Natalie Cole
ven conmigo-Christina Aguilera
Viva la vida - Coldplay * NEW SONG
Waiting to exhale-Whitney Houston
walking on sunshine- Katrina & the waves
wanna make love to you- Etta James
wanderful tonight-Eric Clapton * NEW SONG
water runs dry- Boyz II Men
waters of march- Ellis Regina
we are the champions-Queen
what a wanderful world-Louis Armstrong
what im feeling- Irene Cara
what you're made of- Lucie Silvas
What’s love- Tina Turner
when a man loves a woman- Michael Bolton
When you say nothing at all-Keith Whitley
when i fall in love- Celine dion
when you believe- Whitney Houston
where do broken hearts go- Whitney Houston
White Christmas- CHICAGO *NEW SONG
Whithout you- Mariah Carey
Why does it hurts so bad-Whitney Houston
With or whithout you- U2
with you im born again-Billi Preston
Who wants to live forever - Queen -*NEW SONG
Woman in love- Barbra Streisend
Yesterday- the beatles
you are not alone- Michael Jackson
you are so beautiful- Joe Cocker
You decorated my life- Kenny rogers * NEW SONG
you don't bring me flowers-Barbra Streisand
You don't know me - Michael bubblé
you make me feel like a natural woman- Aretha Franklin
you'll always be my baby-- Mariah Carey
You still got the blues - Gary Moore *NEW SONG
you're still the one- Shiana Twain
You raise me up - Josh Groban * NEW SONG
Zombie - The Cranberries* NEW SONG


Spanish

11 y 6- foto paez
Abre tu mente - Merche *NEW SONG
A Dios le pido- Juanes
A fuego lento-rosana
A puro dolor- song by 4
a quien le importa- thalia
Acariciame la cara- niña pastori
aguas de marzo- ellis regina
ahora quien- marc anthony
al son del tambor- rosario
Alfonsina y el mar tango
algo contigo-manzanero
amarte asi- alejandro lerner
amarte es un placer- Luis Miguel
angel - John secada
aprender a volar- patricia sosa
arrasando-thalia
azul- Christian castro
Bailar pegados -sergio dalma-*NEW SONG
besame la boca- Ricardo Montaner
besame mucho -Diana Krall
beso a beso -la mona jimenez
Bruta ciega sordo muda -Shakira
Cada dia mas -Valeria Lynch
cai - La niña pastori
Cachita - chachacha *NEW SONG
Caminando por la vida-Melendi-*NEW SONG
carnaval -celia cruz
chica yeye - concha velazco
con las voces todas -La negra sosa
con los años que me quedan -Gloria stefan
Colgado en tus manos- Marta sanchez-
contigo en la distancia- Christina aguilera
Corazon al sur- tango
Corazon congelado -Pastora soler *NEW SONG
corazon espinado-Mana
corazon partido-Alejandro Sanz
Corazon salvaje- Marcela Morelo
cucurrucucu -Rocioo Durcal
Cuando calienta el sol* luis miguel * NEW SONG
cuentame quete paso -rosario
de musica ligera- Soda
derroche-Ana belen
desafinado- Ella Fitzgeral
desesperada-Marta sanchez
devuelveme la vida- antonio orozco
Digale-David bisbal
Durmiendo sola
el dia que me quieras-Vanesa Martin
el moreno- la pantoja
El ultimo café- Tango
El talisman-Rosana
esos locos bajitos- Serrat
Estoy aqui- Shakira
Garganta con arena- Tango
guantanamera -celia cruz
hueso na ma- Manzanita
i learned from the best- Whitney houston
imaginame sin ti- Luis fonsi
Inevitable- Shakira
inmortal-La oreja
inolvidable- Luis miguel
Fuiste - Gilda * NEW SONG
Lamento boliviano-Dani Mata
la barca- luis miguel
la bikina- Luis miguel
la bilirubina- Juan luis guerra
La camisa negra-juanes
La decada popurri
la extraña dama-Valeri Lynch
La loba-Valeria Lynch
La fuerza del engaño- Marcela Morelo
la negra tiene tumbao-Celia Cruz
La puerta- Luis miguel
la tortura-Shakira
Loca - Shakira
los barrieros-El barrio
Los mareados-tango
Locos bajitos-Serrat
lucia-serrat
Mariposas -la madre del topo -*NW SONG
mas que nada- sergio mendes
me gustas mucho-rocio durcal
Mentirosa - Rafaga
mexico lindo y querido-tradicional
mi tierra-gloria stefan
mil veces lloro-lerner
Nada de esto fue un error- Paulina Rubio - * NEW SONG
no llores por mi argentina-Valeria Lynch
No me ames - Marc Anthony and j. Lopez - NEW SONG*
No me arrepiento de este amor- Gilda
No me enseñaste- Thalia
no me platiques mas-Luis miguel
no se tu-Luis miguel
No se porque te quiero-ana belen
Nostalgia-tango
Obsecion - Aventura
Objection-Shakira
Ojos asi-Shakira
Oye como va celia cruz
Oye el boom boom-David bisbal
Oye mi canto- Gloria stefan
Papeles mojados-chambao
Para que tu no llores asi-ketama
Pasional-tango
pegate-Ricky martin
pintame - Elvis crespo -*NEW SONG
Popurri chachacha - *NEW SONG
piel morena- Thalia
por debajo de la mesa- luis miguel
que el ritmo no pare - patricia manterola
que le den candela-celia cruz
que nadie- manuel carrasco
que no te vistas que no vas-k-narias
Que tango hay que cantar-tango
que te queria-la 5ta estacion
quiereme-el barrio
quisiera poder olvidarme de ti- luis fonsi
Rio revuelto-valeria lynch
Rutinas-chenoa
Salome-Chayanne
S.O.S falete
se me olvido otra vez mana
Si te vas- Shakira
Si tu me miras alejandro sanz
si tu no estas. rosana
Sol arena y mar - Luis miguel - *NEW SONG
solo por ti rosana
suave luis miguel
suavemente elvis crespo
Suerte suerte shakira
tan enamorados- ricardo montaner
talisman rosana
te extraño luis miguel
Te necesito - luis miguel * NEW SONG
tenia tanto nena daconte
todo a pulmon alejandro lerner
torero - chayanne
trampas vanesa martin
Tu shakira
tu frialdad el barrio
un vestido y un amor fito paez
Uno tango
usted- luis miguel *NEW SONG
valio la pena marc anthony
vivir lo nuestro marc anthony
vivir sin aire- Mana
y nos dieron las 10 sabina
y si fuera ella alejandro sanz
vive la vida loca -Ricky martin
Volver a empezar- alejandro lerner

See again? Yes
Recommend? Yes
Vague rating:
song choice: multiple languages
Voice: English: 8.7/10; Spanish: 9/10 (probably depends on song)
Update: 2/7/2011 - Listened to several more shows, rating increased from prior rating of 7.7 for English to 8.7 for English.

No comments:

Post a Comment